[lug] Restart failure binding to/listening on recently used port

Chris Riddoch riddochc at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 14:23:47 MDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 1:11 PM, David Ahern <dsahern at gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe you need to set the SO_REUSEADDR socket option.

Well, that at least gives me enough to get that script to work, but I
just threw that together to demonstrate that there *is* a repeatable
problem...

The *real* problem, in my current case, is that Qemu's VNC server
doesn't use SO_REUSEADDR.  And various other programs.  Should I file
bugs, then?  It looks like there's some security implications, one way
or another?

--
Chris Riddoch