[lug] Restart failure binding to/listening on recently used port

Chris Riddoch riddochc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 11:53:40 MDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 2:43 PM, David Ahern <dsahern at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been using kvm's version of qemu for a couple of years now, and I
> am fairly certain it sets the option. If you have the code (the path is
> the same for kvm's qemu git or qemu's git), the path is:

Perhaps it does, though the behavior I'm seeing would suggest it
doesn't.  I'm using OpenSuSE 11.1's stock non-kvm qemu package, which
is at version 0.10.1, plus whatever security updates they've given me.
 I've just downloaded and built qemu and kvm-qemu 0.11.0 to try
them...

> Also, I have restarted VM's very quickly back-to-back (with VNC and
> other display options) and never hit this.
>
> Maybe you are hitting another problem.

It's possible... I'm not sure what that would be, though.  I'll post
again when I figure it out...

--
Chris Riddoch