[lug] Linux for K-12 school

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Oct 13 21:25:07 MDT 2009

Steve Sullivan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I volunteer at a local elementary school that is a Mac-only
> school.  They're looking at a big upgrade and are willing to
> consider Linux.
> Do you know anyone who has experience in this ... who would be
> willing to meet with us to discuss the issues?

People I know who have experience:

Rita Gibson works at RMSEL.  They have used Linux since LTSP several
years ago.  David Willson helps her and is currently running projects
for some sort of upgrade/improvement including a library catalog app.
You can find their contact info in the mailing list archives at
cluedenver.org.

John Hamilton used to help at Lenski Elementary.  His wife was the
technology person there and he had some high school kids that helped.
They got to the point that computers were so available the kids could
use them as regular tools for doing their work.  It's been a long time
since I talked to him so I don't know how active he is anymore but both
he and his wife have a lot of experience.  I'll send him your post.

Dave