[lug] An odd networking question

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Oct 19 18:13:51 MDT 2009

> It'd be nice to be able to be on wireless until I plugged into the
> docking station and then the eth0 would take over and vice versa when I
> unplugged.

I think you'll have to use udev rules or similar to detect when the
interface comes up, then you can have that call cnetworkmanager to swap
network manager configuration around based on that, via a shell script.
I'm guessing that udev rules will detect that, but I may be wrong.

I haven't see a way in NetworkManager to tell it to use one interface over
the other.  You *MIGHT* be able to do it via a script in
/etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d

Sean