[lug] Software complexity

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Oct 20 20:32:54 MDT 2009

On Oct 20, 2009, at 3:37 PM, Zan Lynx wrote:

> Try Ball Aerospace or Lockheed Martin. They are both local. I know
> that
> the last thing anyone wants is a $60+ million piece of hardware
> failing
> because of some bad code, so they are willing to spend a few million
> on
> quality.

Don't have any personal experience, but locally Raytheon and Boeing
also work on a "cost plus" contractual basis on Government bids... two
other places to check.

Additionally, in SOME Divisions of Telco's... the code has to work...
things like Billing.  There's not enough processing cycles to re-run
Billing without major delays in revenue... so many telco billing
systems might be this "critical"...

(My boss always teaches that telco billing problems are high-priority
with this quote, "If you can't bill for it, it's just a hobby.")  :-)

--
Nate Duehr
nate at natetech.com

http://facebook.com/denverpilot