[lug] JPMorgan architect position

Landon Cox landon at 360vl.com
Mon Nov 2 09:42:26 MST 2009

I recently received this inquiry from a recruiter at JPMorgan.  GIven
its heavy emphasis on Linux, OSS, and startup experience, I thought
someone on this list who might be looking for work could fit the bill.

I do not know where the job is located, but the contact information is
listed below.

----

Landon,

I am currently searching for top talent for a new division within
JPMorgan. Below is a partial list of responsibilities for one of the
positions. I can send the full details in email if you or someone you
know is interested in hearing more.

•	Define and implement the entire JEDI technology stack, from hardware
platform up through Linux operating system, and up through end user
application integration.
•	Serve as JPMC JEDI external champion and influencer to both the
commercial and open source software ecosystem.
•	Act as a key driver of development and integration efforts including
product comparison, upgrades, evaluation, benchmarking, and technology
road maps.
•	Interact with other JPMC architects, drive evolution of JPMC
enterprise standards and processes.
•	Maintain and apply current knowledge of technology; keep abreast of
new and emerging technologies and determine how they'd impact /
improve JEDI.
•	10 years experience delivering open source based hardware & software
solutions into "The Enterprise"
•	10 years providing technical leadership to various levels of
engineers (junior to senior to subject matter experts).
•	Development of end user computing devices (computers, game consoles,
set top boxes, etc)
•	Hands-on software engineering & development leadership roles in the
architecture and design of multi-vendor hardware solutions and open
source software solutions.
•	Extensive hands-on Linux and open source software development
knowledge.
•	Experience communicating requirements to vendors and driving them to
delivery.
•	Open source community collaboration a plus.
•	Startup & early stage tech company and/or entrepreneurial experience
a plus.

Chip Regis | JPMorgan Chase Corporate Staffing | 614-217-3526 (W) | chip.e.regis at jpmchase.com