[lug] Off-Topic (a bit): Conferences and Trade Shows

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Nov 4 15:09:20 MST 2009

Apologies for a little off topic.

I got tossed this today @ 3pm:  find a list of conferences and trade
shows we'd like to attend in the next year to expose our products and
get some training.  Put them list together by tomorrow @ 5pm including
costs.  Ugh.

My company has focused on DoD work in the past but I'm trying to get
them into the commercial world.  I do the Linux-based software devel
(grids, clouds, social networks, UI's down to embedded distros, drivers,
etc.) for them.  So I'm primarily interested in Linux/Unix and
open-source focused events.

So:  what's your favorite conference/trade show?  Anyone got a favorite
list of such things?  It's been years since I gave talks at Linux World
and Atlanta Linux Symposium and attended Interop.  I'm not even sure
what's out there anymore.

Not sure if the list is interested in this info so feel free to reply
direct instead of posting.

I appreciate any pointers.  Thanks.
--
Michael J. Hammel <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org>