[lug] Tomato & Wireless

Ben bluey at iguanaworks.net
Thu Nov 5 13:50:08 MST 2009

Anyone have experience with the Tomato firmware (firmware for wrt / whr
routers)? I'm finding the (lack of) documentation troubling, but I've
heard it is better for QoS than dd-wrt and want to give it a try.

It appears to be bridging the ethernet ports with the wireless clients.
I want to have a firewall between them -- is this possible? I've tried
"AP Isolation" but doesn't appears to change anything. If it is
relevant, I'm not running DNS on the router, but on another machine.
Because it bridges the wireless/wired, wireless clients get a normal IP
addresses and no one can tell who is wired (read secure) and who isn't.

Also, if there is a good forum or something documenting the options etc,
that would be useful too. All I can find in the FAQ.

Ben