[lug] hardware question

stimits at comcast.net stimits at comcast.net
Fri Nov 6 12:18:50 MST 2009

Jack Swope wrote:
> Magic is key, a certain people have the right aura. As a system and
> desktop admin, I have fixed more email, web, and application problems
> simply by walking into the affected person's office ;-).

It's all explained in physics, by Pauli's Uncertainty Principle. It isn't possible to simultaneously see the exact nature of a bug, and have the bug too. Most of the people we service are not able to properly describe a bug, but when someone who understands such things walks in and has a chance to see it, physics reverts the bug with a quantum flip. Which is fortunate, since understanding is the first sign of insanity.

Dan Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net