[lug] Droid dev without a droid?

stimits at comcast.net stimits at comcast.net
Sun Nov 15 16:22:09 MST 2009

I was really impressed with the droid phone/gadget...especially the no-cost dev kit part of it that runs on linux (or anywhere). I'm unemployed right now, and can't even afford my rent, I'm trying to figure out any way at all to break into a new field and at least do something...would it be possible to develop a polished application on droid without the actual droid phone? Is the dev kit actually a full simulation, or is a droid phone required to develop on?

Dan Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net