[lug] OT: Colocation Providers

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Nov 18 03:16:53 MST 2009

On 08/17/2009 03:35 PM, George Sexton wrote:
> feeling that they weren't taking me seriously. My wife was a little freaked
> out by the location too. She pictures me going there at 1:00 AM on a Sunday
> morning and wigs out. They have the nice big fortress like fence and gate in
> the front, but the customers come in through the side by the rail-road
> tracks...

I know this discussion is pretty stale now, but we were just down there
getting our new guy badged and I mentioned this to him while we were in the
security area looking at some of the cameras overlooking the customer
entrance.

One of the Fortrust employees overheard this and were informed that we
just have to call the NOC and they'll have security open the gate to
the fortress-like area.

It's never been an issue, personally, since it's a very well lighted area
and there's not anyone ever just hanging around.  But I thought I'd mention
this.

Sean