[lug] Cluttering the Internet (will be: the moderator beatings shall continue until morale improves)

Tom Christiansen tchrist at perl.com
Fri Nov 27 17:26:02 MST 2009

> <pdf thing snipped>

> ok, can we stop this now please?=20

Why?  I carefully compose my messages to present properly in a particular
fashion which specifically requires a fixed-width font, respect for certain
conventions of white space, etc.  Are you asking me to stop carefully
composing my messages?  Why?

> Once was amusing and made some point, after that it's just getting
> anoying. ;)=20

Why?  What is annoying about it?  The messages come through

> (Hoping he doesn't need to get out the moderator bat)

Well, *I* wasn't going to suggest it, but since you've brought
it up, sure: that's a really swell idea.  As I have demonstrated,
there are about 50,000 messages' worth of annoyance that just
crying out for moderation.  That's a lot of fodder for your bat.

Just tell me one thing first, because I'm *really* slow.

I don't understand why you tolerate messages from others that for all their
11,982 characters carry only 11 lines of content and are the next thing
over from being utterly illegible, but ignoring all that cruft and chaff
and pointless noise you then turn around to come after me about my messages:
which are 100% real content unlike almost every other message here, which
contain no gratuitous duplication and redundancy bloat unlike almost every
other message here, and which are trivial for anyone to read in the precise
fashion that I have composed them and the precise fashion that I intend for
them to be read -- again, unlike almost every message here.

So please tell me, what's *that* all about, huh?  It's really mysterious.

Now, some really superstupid person would even stoop to representing all
this as grossly hypocritical.  On my bad days, I'm a superstupid person.
On my good days, I'm the slightest scintilla less daft.  This is one of my
good days.  So I won't represent it that way.  I'll just tell you it makes
no sense to me; none whatsoscreamingever.

I guess it makes sense to you, though.  Well hey there, it's your playpen.
Since I obviously have no content to contribute, I'll take your strong hint
and continue not to contribute it.

Enjoy.

--tom