[lug] LPI 2

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Fri Nov 27 19:12:50 MST 2009

On Nov 27, 2009, at 5:05 PM, Sean Reifschneider wrote:

> For example, at home I have my firewall set up to redirect all traffic
> headed towards mirrors.tummy.com to instead go to a transparent Apache
> caching proxy.  Getting 100mbps or gigabit networking to my house is *NOT*
> cheap, but the cache means that I don't have to keep a huge directory tree
> synced, but at the same time I often get data for installs or updates via
> cache at wire speed.

Thanks for the info on "the real world" Sean.

I left the above because I used to do that too, but I just don't have much need to do tons of Linux installs at home anymore.  If I did, I "get it" as far as the bandwidth saved (and time saved) a local cache can provide.

> Munin should be on pretty much every machine.

Oooh, one of my favorites also. I can't believe it (or at least SOME sort of monitoring/management software) isn't mentioned anywhere in the LPI testing environment.

--
Nate Duehr
nate at natetech.com

http://facebook.com/denverpilot