[lug] FC12 installer bug?

stimits at comcast.net stimits at comcast.net
Sat Nov 28 05:45:57 MST 2009

I've been trying to install to a quad opteron machine, with 4 hard drives (400 GB each, SATA2). I've been experimenting with raid options, and cannot get past what is apparently a show-stopper bug. From what little I found, this was supposed to be FC12 beta bug...has anyone here run into this on the non-beta?
527952 MODIFIED anaconda AttributeError: ' NoneType ' object has no attribute 'disk'

I get through what appears to be a perfectly fine partition scheme, and tell it to go on to the next part, and anaconda dies with the NoneType message. Perhaps there is a workaround, maybe pre-partitioning in a rescue mode?

Related question on state-of-the-art in FC12: I have not installed a system in quite a while, and although it's obvious that /boot can't use LVM, can this use RAID1? Journaling filesystems like ext3 (without special kernel builds)?

Dan Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net