[lug] boot eSata

karl horlen horlenkarl at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 28 15:11:12 MST 2009

> Not with eSATA or SATA, but since the early 90's I've
> installed all my
> desktop 3.5" PATA and SCSI disks in mobile carriers. This
> works well if
> your computer case has at least one 5.25" slot on the
> front. I've also
> installed these carriers in external USB/1394 drives.
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=mobile+dock+sata
>
> I've used these with multiple versions of MS, Linux, and
> QNX.

i've thought about these mobile carrier options myself.  i always wondered if the connectors would get bent or something when you were removing and reinstalling the drives over time.  but i guess from your experience there's not issues with that.

i'm thinking with eSata that boots, it's even simpler to plug the drive in and go versus installing a mobile carrier.