[lug] Virtualization w/Windows host, was something else

Chip Atkinson chip at pupman.com
Sun Nov 29 10:11:38 MST 2009

I lost the thread and the subject wasn't related hence my subject.

virtual box on a windows XP host and ubuntu guest.  I use it at work as a
means to escape windows and to get actual work done. :-)

I've had good luck with it and it can recognize USB sticks just fine.  It
has trouble loading an iPod though, which has caused it to hang when I try
monkeying around with it too much, so I have to do without gtkpod on the
work linux box.  That's not a crushing defeat, just an annoyance.

I haven't used vmware in recent months but the advantage of virtualbox is
that you can take multiple snapshots.

Chip