[lug] android on FC12?

stimits at comcast.net stimits at comcast.net
Sun Nov 29 15:43:53 MST 2009

I'm trying to run the Android SDK on Fedora Core 12 (i386). I ran into a problem where the Android manager app fails to be able to install the Android "platform", demanding that I use the option to force http (instead of https). Unfortunately, the configuration change will not save, and the force of http is inert, and http cannot be forced.

I ran into some sparse information about this being true for Itanium, which makes me suspicious that the opteron I'm using is finding the same bug as the Itanium. To rule out that it is a Fedora Core 12 issue, can anyone tell me if their android SDK manager works correctly on any FC12 box? Is the option on your FC12 box for forcing http on the manager able to save the configuration?

Perhaps if I knew what the option text was in the configuration file (for forcing http), I could simply edit the config manually and ignore the SDK manager bug...can anyone tell me the text in the android config file which activates the "force http" option? It should be plain text in "~/.android/androidtool.cfg".

Dan Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net