[lug] android on FC12?

stimits at comcast.net stimits at comcast.net
Mon Nov 30 08:09:25 MST 2009

cooper:~ lcox$ cat ~/.android/androidtool.cfg
### Settings for Android Tool
#Sat Nov 28 13:56:24 MST 2009
http.proxyPort=
http.proxyHost=
sdkman.ask.adb.restart=true
sdkman.show.update.only=true
sdkman.force.http=true ...

Thanks! That did the job, it now works great on i386 FC12, opteron. Apparently there are two issues, and here is a solution recap to anyone with a failed android update.

First, the above configuration works. I could not get it to switch from https to http without that. But, I realize in hindsight that issue two may have resolved this all by itself. The android manager fails to catch mouse click or mouse down events or some combination of events for *some* of the manager buttons. The buttons do, however, catch mouseover events, and keyboard events. By hovering the mouse over a button, and then hitting enter on the keyboard, the button is pressed (someone else posted information about this on another site, with less detail). Some of the buttons required to update may have this mouse event bug, in addition to the force http page save button. I updated the config first, then used the keyboard/mouse hover trick, but it is possible that if I had tried the mouse hover trick, the force http might have worked (too late to know, I already updated).

Dan Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net