[lug] Taking Free to a new level

Rob Nagler nagler at bivio.biz
Tue Dec 1 06:33:07 MST 2009

If you don't know SparkFun, you should.  They make cool gizmos and
kits, and they are out in Gunbarrel.  SparkFun also offers classes.
I'm going to the RoboJoust & workshop this weekend with my son.  I'm
quite sure it will be awesome.

Most important, SparkFun is a growing, successful company which gives
away all their designs.  They understand libre.  Now they have Free
Day as in gratis.  The are giving all customer a $100 credit on Jan 7.
Their catalogue is full of stuff under $100 so you can really get
something for free which is also libre:

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/news.php?id=305

Hats off to SparkFun!

Rob