[lug] Inexpensive no-ring, voicemail only phone number?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Dec 22 16:44:19 MST 2009

I guess I should add...

I didn't list Google Voice because I'm not sure you can port the number
away from them (yet), nor port numbers to them (not an issue here for a
new number, but they're not ready for prime time... even though it's
required by law...), and you have to get an "invite" still.

It would work nicely for such a need, other than the above things,
though... it's just too new for me to recommend it, as an old
telco-head... as long as you can find an invite.  (They're not TOO hard
to find, and there's a website where you can REQUEST one, but hearing
mixed reviews about how fast/well that form works...)

--
  Nate Duehr
  nate at natetech.com