[lug] Commuting by bike with a laptop

Landon Cox landon at 360vl.com
Mon Jan 11 16:23:13 MST 2010

I used to commute about 25 miles (one-way) with two laptops on my
bike.  I bought a sturdy metal rack that attached to only my seat post
for a platform in the back and I hung panniers off that.

For each laptop I bought a neoprene sleeve and put each into a pannier
pocket to balance out the load.   I rode many miles like this over the
Santa Fe trail into Colorado Springs which is a dirt trail.  I think
the neoprene gave it enough cushion that it worked fine.  Rode one
summer season like this with no problems.

Landon