[lug] Commuting by bike with a laptop

Matthew Beldyk matt at beldyk.org
Mon Jan 11 22:08:17 MST 2010

Why did you choose the quick release option (I see there is also a
bolt on option that is slightly cheaper)?  It sounds nicer, at least
in terms of putting the bike on the back of my car, but I'm concerned
because I'll be locking the bike up under the engineering center
fairly often and wouldn't want someone swiping it.

-Matt

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 8:58 PM, Landon Cox <landon at 360vl.com> wrote:

> On Jan 11, 2010, at 7:39 PM, Matthew Beldyk wrote:
>
>> Landon,
>> What rack did you use that just connected to the back post and
>> supported two laptops?  I've used racks before, but have gotten
>> annoyed when the rack shifts and the posts start to rub on the back
>> wheel.
>

> I have the Delta Megarack Post Porter with the quick release option.
>

> The down tubes do not attach to anything - they are there to keep the
> panniers flared and away from the wheel.
>
> You can see this and other related products here:
>
> http://www.deltacycle.com/Bike_Racks-Bags
>
> I've been very happy with it and it stays put even with a fair bit of weight
> on it.  It's got a meaty clamp with teeth for the seat post.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> Landon

Calvin: Know what I pray for?
Hobbes: What?
Calvin: The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept
what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference.