[lug] Commuting by bike with a laptop

Matthew Beldyk matt at beldyk.org
Mon Jan 11 22:36:33 MST 2010

I'm forced to wonder if there is a mode you could switch into that
would start burning cpu when the computer gets too cold to avoid this
issue: trade off a little battery life to avoid having to deal with
condensation.

Perhaps, you could sleep into some "non-hypothermia" mode then every
few seconds wake to check the temperature and if needed do a couple
jumping jacks to warm up to some target temperature (without the
machine fully waking up and generating too much heat and cooking
itself inside a backpack).

-Matt

<snip>