[lug] Commuting by bike with a laptop

Patrick Mullen pmullen.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 09:26:01 MST 2010

I very highly recommend this laptop backpack --

http://www.amazon.com/Targus-TSB312-Deluxe-Notebook-Backpack/dp/B00006I5V3

It has a built-in curve for your back while crouched over riding (a
bicycle or motorcycle), has good padding, has GREAT chest straps, the
shoulder straps have a perfect curve in them to allow free motion of
your arms to the forward position for holding onto your handlebars,
and it's at least mildly aerodynamic.

My only complaint about it is it is not very good at holding a lot
more than just your laptop (such as a day of clothes, shoes,
toiletries bag, etc) but it'll do it if necessary.  But it is an
absolutely *fantastic* commuting backpack.  I ride motorcycles, not
bicycles, but I have literally 50K+ miles on my backpack including
twisty roads where I'm sliding back and forth on the seat hanging off
the side of the bike with no issues of mobility.

Hope this helps,

~Patrick
--
2006 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2003 Triumph Sprint ST
2004 (race) / 2001 (street) Suzuki SV650