[lug] Commuting by bike with a laptop

karl horlen horlenkarl at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 12 09:58:36 MST 2010

some good info being shared here.

all i can say is i never quite understood the messenger bag thing.  i've never found one that actually fit or felt comfortable, especially when you start putting more stuff in it.  the other problem with 95% of them is that they don't actually seal at the lid.  there are always gaps.  how do you keep your gear from the elements?

i don't know why people buy these things.  i thing they were designed for *messengers* that needed to get in and out of their bags quickly.  my only guess is that non messengers thought they looked cool and bought them without ever really using one.  i wonder how many messenger bags are collecting dust.  they're not cheap.

does anybody actually use one of these for a laptop?  backpacks just seem a better option all the way around.

new question regarding seats for telecommuters.

anybody recommend a good cushy male seat to protect the family jewels?

i'm tired of my stock manly man narrow bike seat that's hard as cement.  i'm thinking that thing is going to make me impotent.  i'm not an engineer but the wider cushy seats on lady bikes just seem like a better alternative.  is that even worse for the family jewels?  i sit in a wide chair at work.