[lug] Commuting by bike with a laptop

karl horlen horlenkarl at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 12 11:37:17 MST 2010

> article, but you might find it interesting):
> http://www.bikingbis.com/blog/_archives/2007/4/30/2915799.html

good article.  thanks for passing it on

> I never had a problem with the jewels (knock on wood!) so
> far. No
> problems even when my wife and I decided to have a baby (we
> have a
> healthy 1.6years old and we are expecting another one in
> May).

congrats to the family jewels ;)

> PS: being a dad, I don't bike when there is snow/ice on the
> streets,
> which means after Thanksgiving - but I don't drive either:
> I walk and
> ride the bus.

i saw a guy almost fall into traffic the other day.  the roads, bike lane, sidewalks were all really in bad shape.  i would think it just makes sense to put aside the bike for a day or two in cases like that.

5 minutes later i saw a guy toting his daughter in a carrier on the back of the bike.  just seemed not very smart.