[lug] auto discard mails from specific users using Evolution

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Tue Jan 19 19:28:28 MST 2010

On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 17:54 -0700, Maxwell Spangler wrote:
> Perhaps the new rules you have created are at the bottom of the rule set
> and therefore are not being executed because prior rules are activated
> to satisfy the handling of the message?

Possibly.  My rules have been pretty basic so far: if sender contains
email address, delete.  I have multiple of these but now that I look at
the UI more closely I could group these into one filter.

> Or, visually:
>
> Rule 1 - All Boulder Linux email -> Boulder Folder
> Rule 2 - All Denver Linux email -> Denver Folder
> Rule 3 - Any email from user at host.com -> Trash

I just tried to update one filter to use "Move to Folder" to put
messages in trash but the trash folder is not selectable in the "click
here to select a folder" dialog.  Is there a trick to this?  Junk and
trash are the only folders that aren't selectable.  Maybe I have
something configured wrong?

> If user at host.com is posting to the Boulder Linux group, Rule 1 might
> catch it, move it to the Boulder folder and the rest of the rules are
> skipped.

Possibly.  I need to clean up the filters to make one catch-all for
obnoxious posters.  That might make it work better.

Thanks for the info.
--
Michael J. Hammel
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org / http://www.graphics-muse.org