[lug] problem compiling Ubuntu kernel

bgiles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Fri Jan 22 05:54:12 MST 2010

Hi,  I'm trying to build my ubuntu kernel since JFS is not included by
default (modules don't help when your root partition is in JFS) and I'm
having a problem with the LIRC code.  I have not been able to figure out
why this code is getting included - I played with the driver a while
back but thought I had removed all of the source and packages. I'm
definitely building from a new source tarball.

The file is under the 'ubuntu' directory and that directory doesn't
exist until after I run 'make-kpkg', if that helps.

The error is in ubuntu/lirc/lirc_dev/lirc_dev.c, can't find some fies
included by drivers/media/video/bt8xx/bttvp.h.

Ideas why ubuntu is insisting on building this module and/or how to
disable it?

Thanks,

Bear