[lug] problem compiling Ubuntu kernel

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Fri Jan 22 11:39:13 MST 2010

How would I do that on a system that's not currently bootable?  The Ubuntu
upgrade didn't go well and the hardware is so old that the CD doesn't work.
I'm not sure if it can boot from USB since I can't get into the BIOS. (I've
tried ESC, F2, F8, F10, F12).  The disk is currently residing on a USB
adapter on one of my small systems.  (Atom-based processor).