[lug] Credit - was: [Letting folks pay from the web.]

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Feb 2 17:55:47 MST 2010

On 2/2/2010 5:16 PM, Rob Nagler wrote:

> What is wrong with the system is that large companies like Visa and MC
> are "too big to fail" and get government subsidies as a result.  They can
> borrow at 0% and charge 18% interest.  That's quite a spread, and we
> taxpayers are making up the difference.  THAT should be made illegal.

Don't think more government regulation is what we need.  We all have to
stop SPENDING money we don't have...

Let's not even talk about the insurance companies getting away with
murder while the politicos demand money back from the banks... who were
insured by the likes of AIG... supposedly ALREADY regulated by... the
Government.  (Which is why they're not bringing that part of it up.)

Nate