[lug] Fwd: RHCE Course

Jeffrey Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 15:40:59 MST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David L. Willson <DLWillson at thegeek.nu>
Date: Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 1:40 PM
Subject: Re: RHCE Course
To: Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>
Cc: Dawn Rubin <drubin at parsec.com>, Heather McMinn <heathermcminn at me.com>,
Jon Buttjer <jbuttjer at rmsel.org>

Jeffrey,

Can you forward?  I'll send something official as soon as everything is set.
 We're still in a planning stage, but once we go, there's going to be a tiny
little window of opportunity to get the $795 price.  The regular price will
be $1195 (still a huge bargain, really).  Here's how it looks at this point:

Red Hat Linux Training & RHCE Exam Preparation
The intended audience is Linux SysAdmins with a minimum of 1000 hours of
experience (6-months of full-time work), Linux+ or LPIC-1 certification, or
the rough equivalent.  Students with less experience are welcome of course,
but they will not get as much out of the class and should NOT regard this
class as adequate preparation for the exam.
We'll be using an off-the-shelf book as a text-book and study-guide, but
I'll be lecturing, assisting with labs, and assigning homework.  The overall
experience will be a cross between a "college evening class" and normal
classroom technical training.  In short:  Half the classroom time in
lecture, then the lab will be open until 10PM, and you'll have some homework
to do on top of it.  So, it's a pretty serious class.  Maybe not something
you do ~just~ for the fun of it, but it depends on your definition of fun.

This will be equivalent to more than two full weeks of technical training.
 For those familiar with RH's line, the analogs would be RH131 and RH253.
 It's a tremendous opportunity for self-funded students to get the training
they want at a tiny fraction of the normal cost.

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
MCT, MCSE, LPIC-1
tel://720.333.LANS
Freeing people from the tyranny (or whatevery) of Microsofty-ness, one at a
time.