[lug] rdesktop issue

Steve A Hart Shart at colorado.edu
Mon Mar 8 13:15:06 MST 2010

I'm having an issue using rdesktop from a RHEL5 system to Win7
enterprise (Oh crap I said the "w" word!!  Sorry!)

The following command worked great with RHEL5 and XP but not with 7

rdesktop -g 1024x768 -u winuser -a 32 -r disk:linux=/home/username -r
sound:local -N -z winhostname

The connection itself to 7 works and the linux disk mounts.  I can even
access/copy data across the connection.  But within 1-2 minutes the
connection dies and 7 says that I do not have permission to access the
linux disk.  I have to log off and back on to re-establish the
connection to the linux disk.

I'm sure this is a win7 issue but I was hoping that someone here has
seen this and may have a solution.

Thanks

Steve
--