[lug] Snow? Or sun?

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 18:29:08 MST 2010

> What if I put in the address?  Does it give you a map?

It does (see below for the format).

> OK, so everyone that has a calendar app send me an example of how to make an appointment for it
> (with whatever info is useful to you).  Do you want that in email (body or attachment?), on a web
> page, or ...?  Can you use formats that other calendars can use (I have no idea what's standard in
> that space).

I think that if you are enough explicit, without using slang or untold
assumptions (e.g. the "CO" in the address) gmail works pretty well
without using any "special" formatting.
For the map, you can try google: if the same "address sentence" gives
you a map in google, it's likely to do the same in gmail.
For calendars, I have less tips, but basically do not just say
something like "next weekend" but say "next weekend March 13rd" and it
should work.

Thanks,
;Dav