[lug] Gmail vs. DTG.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon Mar 15 20:05:07 MDT 2010

201430Z MAR 10 -- installfest -- 1870 W. 122nd Ave. Westminster CO 80234
http://cluedenver.org/display.php?node=installfest

FIVE DAYS!  Only 5 more days until installfest.  I can't wait to see Jeff LePage give away a big box
of laptops (sorry, not to you so don't ask).

I have Debian installed on a Sheeva plug.  Guess I should look at squid next--that seems more useful
than trying to mirror things that people might want and might be easy enough.  Don't know how to
tell synaptic or whatever to use a proxy though.  And I guess I need apache to serve out the ISOs I
bring (they're on the same disk the plug is using).  Of course I'm behind on updates to those, maybe
I should start them now.

What?  Oh, the noise on the first two lines?  Does gmail recognize a military date-time group?  I
haven't gotten round to adding a text/calendar part to my messages (because my mailer sucks).

So the first line is shorthand for those with short attention spans, or who don't want the full
details at the link in the second line.  Is that any better?

Dave