[lug] Two open recs at Aztek

Jeffrey Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 12:05:57 MDT 2010

We want to hire two, senior people, full-time: a software developer and a
product-support person.  Call or drop me a note if you're interested.

I don't have an official job description yet -- the openings are fresh --
but here's a sketch:

The developer must know C++ well and be comfy in a Linux development
environment.  Java, embedded systems, and telephony would all be plusses.

The support slot is more complicated, so the requirements are harder to pin
down.  This is a technical position -- honest -- but it requires good
human-interface skills, too.  You have to give good phone, understand the
products, configure software, install equipment, figure out how to solve
customers' problems, ....

Aztek makes telephony equipment: embedded boxes for which we create both the
software and hardware.  Our customers are telcos, not individual
subscribers.  Right now, we have three or four products, depending on how
you count.

We're in Boulder, we have about 40 employees, and we've been in business, as
either Aztek Engineering or Aztek Networks, for over 25 years.    In last
year's "Best Companies to Work for in Colorado," we were #12 in the "small
business" category.  The monthly Boulder Linux Users Group meetings are held
in our conference room.

--
Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>
720-837-8908 [cell],  @goyishekop [twitter]