[lug] Proprietary Licenses Are Even Worse Than They Look

Carl Wagner Carl.Wagner at verbalworld.com
Thu Apr 8 07:40:12 MDT 2010

Yes I remember that, BUT, how does the saying go, the enemy of my enemy
is my friend?  ;-)
Who were they attacking?  Yes, I am glad the look-and-feel suites were
thrown out.
The gall to sue over look and feel after they stole it from PARK!

I should have been more specific. When I said "eventually get there" I
was referring to Apple attacking open source/Linux.

What a change from the ][ series to the MAC.  With the ][ series you
could open the lid without tools!  The original MAC you had to use
"special" tools, just to open it up.

I wonder what the original IBM PC would have looked like if it weren't
for the ][ series?
Yes I know the S-100 bus pre-dated it, but it was a more traditional
design, not a motherboard like the ][ or PC.
Were the original Trash-80 and PET motherboard designs?  Even if they
were I don't think they had the market penetration like the ][ did, to
influence IBM's design.

Carl.