[lug] Kernel Compiles

Brennen Bearnes bbearnes at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 13:14:43 MDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 12:49 PM, Maxwell Spangler
<maxlists at maxwellspangler.com> wrote:

> When was the last time you compiled your own kernel?
>
> And why did you feel the need to do it?

Some time within the last year, I think, trying to get
reasonable performance out of some Intel video hardware
after an Ubuntu upgrade broke something or another. (Sorry,
this is more than a little vague.)

Before that, I think it must have been a couple of years.
I've had this conversation with a number of people lately,
about how when we first started using Linux on the desktop
we must have compiled a new kernel for one reason or another
every couple of months, and now mostly don't even think
about it...

-- Brennen