[lug] Loaduino in action

Jeffrey Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 07:41:39 MDT 2010

Collins,

To cap his Arduino presentation at
BLUG<http://lug.boulder.co.us/meetings.html>,
Brennen showed off the load monitor in the
picture<http://www.flickr.com/photos/p1k3/4520635829/>,
which he'd built out of a shoebox and duct tape (and and Arduino board).
 The Flickr pic is of the Loaduino in action.

You can, I suspect, ask him questions about it at Sparkfun's upcoming,
autonomous
vehicle competition,<http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=9016>
at
Sparkfun.

Brennen's Github Loaduino repo, with his code, is
here<http://github.com/brennen/loaduino>
.

After the meeting, a bunch of us went to the Southern Sun, for a GitHub
git-together, where Tom
Preston-Werner<http://github.com/blog/634-github-meetup-boulder-april-8th>,
one of GitHub's founders, bought us all a beer.

Neal McDermott had, helpfully, posted a notice about that on this mailing
list, earlier in the week, and also announced it during the meeting.

While we were there, I asked Tom if he'd be willing to come back to Boulder,
from San Francisco, to give a BLUG talk next year about GitHub.  We now have
two speakers booked for 2011.  If you have suggestions for more speakers,
let me know.

The Southern Sun's a nice brewpub, with good beer, in the Table Mesa
Shopping Center.  On the Thursdays that BLUG doesn't meet, Hacking Society
-- a loose agglomeration of BLUG folks who sit around, beat on code, and
socialize -- descends on Caffe Sole.  Like  several other Hacking Society
folks, I typically have supper and a beer on those nights, beforehand,
around the corner at ... the Southern Sun.

*Hint**: that would be tonight. :-)*

HTH!

720-837-8908 [cell],  @goyishekop [twitter]
http://seejeffrun.blogspot.com [blog],