[lug] SELinux Warnings

Maxwell Spangler maxlists at maxwellspangler.com
Thu Apr 15 18:20:06 MDT 2010

I'm getting SELinux warnings on my Fedora 12 system, it's running in
permissive mode at this time, so the warnings are just an annoyance.

For example, when I just went to print a page, I got a warning that cups
wasn't supposed to be able to access one of its .ppd files.

The Sealert program kindly notified me of this and offered me the
ability to point-and-click change the context of the .ppd file to
something acceptable by SELinux.

Back when I used to work on SCO Openserver we had a command line utilty
that would files system wide and suggest|+correct permission changes and
context changes.

Is there something like this for SELinux?  Something that would let me
say, show me what is not right so I can investigate and correct it now?

If my SELinux system wasn't in permissive mode, this stuff would have
gotten in my way.

Cheers,

--
Maxwell Spangler