[lug] Laptop recommendations for Linux?

Chris Riddoch riddochc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 23:03:28 MDT 2010

I've been a big fan of the Thinkpad series.  They're pricier than
average, but it's well worth it, in my experience.  My T40, which
seems to have died last week, lasted a good 6 or 7 years.

My two cents.  I don't know too much about the alternatives from
personal experience, except that the quality of brands and the
reputation of brands are distinctly related to each other, and
cyclical. (Good reputation leads to bad quality.  Bad quality leads to
bad reputation.  Bad reputation either leads to a disappearing vendor,
or better quality.  Good quality leads to good reputation.)

I don't know where we are on that cycle right now, though.

--
Chris Riddoch