[lug] Laptop recommendations for Linux?

David Ahern dsahern at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 07:19:51 MDT 2010

On 04/16/2010 06:00 AM, Rob Nagler wrote:
> I recently dealt with emperorlinux.com, and they were awesome.  I
> ordered a Dell E6400:
>
> http://www.emperorlinux.com/mfgr/dell/tiger/?tab=details&id=531
>
> It works well, including dual-headed DVI, which can be a problem with
> laptops, apparently.

I have a Dell E6500 -- so far (14 months) it has worked very well with
Fedora. If you are interested in running virtual machines on your laptop
using KVM make sure the processor has VT capability and get at least 4GB
of RAM. I have a Core2 Duo T9550; the Core i5/i7 models will work even
better.

David