[lug] Any experience with sidux?

Zooko O'Whielacronx zookog at gmail.com
Sat May 1 16:47:52 MDT 2010

On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 4:33 PM, Davide Del Vento
<davide.del.vento at gmail.com> wrote:

> And because they are doing other things I don't like about, including
> (but not only) these:
> http://www.ubuntugeek.com/is-canonical-becoming-the-new-microsoft.html

Yeah I have a lot of concerns about that. In particular it makes me
sad that the proprietary "UbuntuOne" service gets to the use "Ubuntu"
trademark. If it were named "CanonicalOne" then I wouldn't mind nearly
so much, but since proprietary products and services get to use the
"Ubuntu" trademark if those products and services are owned by
Canonical then I think this will eventually undermine the Ubuntu
community. :-(

>> One thing that I like about NixOS is that they are the system (after
>> Ubuntu) to package up my Tahoe-LAFS project. :-)
>
> Are you saying that your package is included in Ubuntu and not in Debian??

Yes! We are still working on getting it packaged for Debian. Any
Debian contributors on this list: please help!

(I'm hanging out at Caffe Sole at the moment if you are in South
Boulder and want to help. :-))

Regards,

Zooko