[lug] lurid lucid: x can't see keyboard or mouse

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Sun May 2 13:41:38 MDT 2010

Against my better judgment I installed lurid lucid lynx.  Now the
standard USB keyboard and mouse aren't seen by X.  I can't even flip to
a virtual terminal due to the keyboard problem.  The keyboard is fine if
I'm in a recovery shell but totally dead in X.

I've checked the forums and A LOT of people are having similar problems.
I've rule out all of those (mouseemu, console getting misconfigured,
kernel bug) or they aren't quite the same thing.  E.g., some people lose
their keyboard but not their mouse.

Does anyone here have ideas?  Right now the system is completely unusable.

Bear