[lug] FS: O'Reilly "LPIC In A Nutshell"

Mon May 10 13:02:33 MDT 2010

> Samba questions.  (I don't do Windows integration, and I find it
> retarded that it's required on a Linux cert...)
> Nate

97-99% of the computing world is Windows, and it's going to stay that way for a long while, no matter what. Things will change faster, if we do all we can to make the road to OS Freedom as easy to travel as possible.  That means integrating, or at least being prepared to integrate, into Microsoft networks. If I were me in your position, I would learn the basics of Samba and take the darn test, thereby doing my part to ease the fears of those that claim that there's not enough good, high-level support available for Linux to seriously consider a migration.

But that's me...

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
MCT MSCE Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 NovellCLA UbuntuCP
tel://720.333.LANS
Freeing people from the tyranny (or whatevery) of Microsofty-ness