[lug] Open Source ticket/bug tracking systems?

Jeremy Hinegardner jeremy at hinegardner.org
Mon May 10 22:56:27 MDT 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 03:17:29PM -0600, Kevin Kempter wrote:
> Hi All;
>
> we're going to need a ticketing system shortly. I'll need to be able to
> isolate each customer so they never see any tickets from other customers. The
> ability to assign different departments & login ID's per customer and the
> ability for a logged in customer to search on the status of tickits either
> within his/her dept or across all tickets for their company would be keen as
> well.
>
> Also an easy to use interface for the customers is important.
>
> Any suggestions? will bugzilla do all this?

If you want a hosted solution, I know a lot of folks who use, Pivotal
Tracker[1], Basecamp[2], Lighthouse[3].  Pivotal Tracker is oriented more
towards an XP project management system.  I am not sure if it has
project/customer based logins.

Basecamp and Lighthouse each allow you put different people in different
projects.  So you should be able to setup a different project for each customer.

enjoy,

-jeremy

[1] http://www.pivotaltracker.com/
[2] http://basecamphq.com/