[lug] BLUG Meeting Announcement 2010-05-13

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Thu May 13 11:49:39 MDT 2010

Today I've serendipitously found the following:

http://schwarzvogel.de/resynth-tut-sa.shtml
http://linuxhelp.blogspot.com/2010/05/resynthesizer-gimp-plugin-selectively.html

I didn't know GIMP could do that. It's keeping pace with proprietary
software pretty well! I tried it, it's not perfect for complex scenes,
but it's fast and it's amazing!

Other things I wonder if free software is keeping pace with proprietary ones:

- lens databases and corrections
- color profiles
- HDR

(I don't do any of these in my image workflow, but I wonder if I could).

The only thing that I miss from my free software workflow in linux is
printing: my printer cannot print borderless and on CD/DVD with
CUPS/linux (it does that on windows, grrr!)
It's sad that drivers are still a sore point....

Hope to see you tonight (it depends on my daughters and in-laws....)
;Dav