[lug] Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

Steve A Hart Shart at colorado.edu
Mon May 17 10:32:39 MDT 2010

Last week I did a clean install of Ubuntu 10.04 on my desktop and found
it to be extremely slow compared to 9.10.  So much so that I reloaded
9.10.  My hardware is only about 4 years old and I have plenty of
memory.  Ubuntu 9.10 runs great but 10.04 was seriously lacking for me.
  After some Google searches I found that some people are experiencing
this as well but then others are finding it to be extremely fast.  Just
curious if anyone has come across this as well and if anyone knows why
this is happening?  I'm actually happy to stay at 9.10 but I'm curious.

Thanks

Steve

--
Steve Hart