[lug] How to upgrade Ubuntu Netbook Remix

Jeffrey Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Mon May 17 11:02:38 MDT 2010

Suspend works.  Neal Mc hibernates a lot, so that sucks for him.

fsck gets really slow -- like 30' on my netbook.  I don't fsck much, but I
used to force an fsck every boot, because I was getting a lot of crashing
and filesystem corruption under 9.10.  It doesn't crash all the time now, so
I can live with an occasional, pokey fsck.

If you shut it down cleanly, it re-boots surprisingly quickly.