[lug] Decoding partial IP addresses (now slightly off topic)

Lori Reed lorireed at lightning-rose.com
Tue May 18 21:35:21 MDT 2010

Nate Duehr wrote:

> Turn OFF access, and if someone REALLY needed it, they'll call screaming
> and hollering.  :-)

Reminds me of an old co-worker back in the 80's who decided on her own,
and without authorization, that the company could save a lot of money if
our ability to make international phone calls was disabled.

Oh, the name of the company? Voicemail International.

I was the first to discover this new telecom feature when I came in at
oh-dark-hundred to make a support call to Sweden. Tantrum, yes, I did throw.

Lori