[lug] WirelessN

Stephen Queen svqueen at gmail.com
Fri May 21 09:49:22 MDT 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 1:59 PM, Michael J. Hammel <
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org> wrote:

> My kingdom to be able to run wire from my bedroom office to the TV.  I'm
> outta hair to pull on this one.  I'll summarize - maybe someone can see
> what I'm doing wrong (if anything).
>
> Problem:  802.11g not fast enough for watching online video in HD on our
> big screen TV.
>
> Am just curious what kind of speed you are getting with your 802.11g and
how fast is your internet connection? I would think (I can only get the
slowest DSL offered so have given up looking, it only causes me
discontentment) that the internet connection would be where the bottle neck
existed.  When I run iperf and there is no other network traffic I get
appox. >9Mbps. Is this not fast enough for streaming video?

Steve